Have you ever had Pad Thai? If not, you should definitely try it. I would suggest making it yourself, but they do serve it at various restaurants too.
These are the steps to making this amazing meal:
- Scrambled 4 eggs, set aside.
- Soak the rice noodles in boiling water for 6-8 minutes, set aside. They don’t need to be completely cooked at this point.
- SautÃ© 2 chicken breasts in oil and garlic, set aside.
- To make the sauce you mix 3 tbsp of sugar, 3 tbsp of vinegar, and 3 tbsp of fish sauce together in a bowl. Add a squirt of ketchup.
- Chop up 1/2 cup of peanuts. I like honey roasted but any kind of peanut will do.
- Chop cilantro and green onions for end garnish.
Add the sauce and the noodles to a wok or a frying pan. Simmer the noodles and sauce until the noodles are fully cooked. Mix in the chicken and eggs while it continues to simmer. Once most of the sauce has been soaked up by the noodles it is ready.
Add cilantro, chopped green onion and bean sprouts as garnish. Then I squeeze some lime juice over everything and add the peanuts to finish it off.
I had never even heard of it before. I was introduced to it by someone who decided to make it for me, which was probably a better experience than having it at a restaurant.
It is now one of my favorite dinners to eat and make!!
I hope you try it and like it! If you do, please comment and let me know how it turned out! I would love to hear about it!
2 chicken breasts
1/2 package of rice noodles
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp vinegar
3 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 cup of peanuts (your choice of flavor)